At ACE Hardware, working with our Customers, Helping them with their project needs is at the heart of our business and helping them find the items needed to complete them is our primary focus. While helping our customers find what they need we narrow down their choices and help them make that final decision.
We are passionate about finding the right talent that will embrace and exhibit our Core Values and provide an Amazing Customer Experience with Every Customer, Every Time! Our objective is to have total customer satisfaction!
The Sales Associate will assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide a positive representation of ACE Hardware.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Engage and greet customers as soon as they are encountered throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
• Maintain awareness of promotions/advertisements in order to inform customers about special sales.
• Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
• Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
• Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
• Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
• Provide assistance to Department Manager, i.e. price changes, special orders.
• Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Be professional in appearance and actions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements
Drug test required
Be at least 16 years old.
Ability to communicate professionally with customers and team members.
Have a proven track record of being a team player.
Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. repetitively.
Carry out merchandise to customer's vehicles, load merchandise in customer's vehicles.
Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise.
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Clean and approachable appearance.
Passion for working with the public and helping customers.
Availability must be flexible to the needs of the business.
Preferred but, not required
Experience using a computer.
Retail experience in identifying and selling products based on customer needs
Customer service experience, including resolving customer issues, assisting customers in locating product, greeting customers, answering phones and building relationships with customers
Retail experience including merchandising and stocking
Lawn and garden care experience
Posting ID: 547928132Posted: 2020-07-04