This entry level position has a number of duties within the Welding Shop. This job requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support the organization. Employees of Wenger will support our core values which include Integrity, Ingenuity and Initiative.
- Understand weld symbols
- Understand and able to read blueprints
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding per engineering drawings and must be able to pass internal inspection
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Operates lift truck with certification.
- Adhere to safety regulations and operate safely a shop environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, machinery with moving parts
- Standing on a concrete floor.
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment when in manufacturing areas (safety glasses and safety shoes)
- Potential for domestic or international travel.
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Ability to setup & run basic welding unit.
- Understands simple welding technology and technique.
- Qualified in all Wenger weld procedures.
- Ability to operate positioners or perform weld fit up and welding to router and quality standards with supervision.
- Keep proprietary and company information confidential in compliance with employee agreement.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Passing of pre-employment Physical Profile and drug/alcohol screening required.
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules.
- Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Technical college degree.
- Certified welding experience in a manufacturing environment.
Posting ID: 568029297Posted: 2020-08-14