- Eligible for employment in the United States and the State of New Jersey;
- At least eighteen years of age and completed high school or equivalent;
- The ability to relate well to supervisors, co-workers, and if any subordinates;
- A stable employment and attendance record;
- Excellent work-related and personal references.
Caregiver are responsible for providing all necessary care to resident clients, recording client activity, and compliance with applicable goals, policies, and procedures of The Rose House. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with, or performing, personal care based on resident needs;
- Ensuring the safety and health of the residents;
- Being responsive to resident’s needs and wishes;
- Ensure compliance with all State regulations and resident’s goals as defined in their Individual Habitation Plans;
- Maintaining appropriate and complete records as instructed by the Program Manager;
- Assisting with meal planning and preparation;
- Working with residents to plan and participate in recreation activities in and outside the residence;
- Providing residents with transportation, using agency vehicles, as needed; this includes assisting non-ambulatory consumers with entering and exiting vehicles;
- Assisting with routine cleaning and maintenance of the residence;
- Administering medication to residents as required;
- Prompt, accurate communication with other Care Providers and Managers regarding resident activities, events, and incidents during the shift to ensure smooth transition of shifts;
- Reporting any unusual incidents to the Program Manager as soon as possible after occurrence;
- Cooperation with State Licensing and Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) employees during inspections and investigations.
Caregivers are required to complete extensive training to properly perform their jobs. Areas of training include medication administration, sensitivity to consumer needs, agency policies and procedures, emergency protocols,and other areas deemed necessary by The Rose House.
Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance Benefits available for all full time staff (30+ hours)
Positions available in Budd Lake, Parsippany, Cedar Knolls & Lake Hiawatha
Posting ID: 528661006Posted: 2020-09-11