As a Front Desk Agent, you will welcome our guest to the hotel. Your welcoming smile and charming personality will overcome any traveling obstacle our guests may have encountered on their way to us. From the friendliest of guests through the most challenging service opportunities, your smooth demeanor and ethical work habits will provide a comforting welcome for all involved. You will provide our guest with information needed to enjoy all of the amenities the hotel has to offer.
- Greet all customers who approach the Front Desk in a smiling, friendly
- Check-in arriving guests in the most efficient manner possible, following all established procedures and policies.
- Check-out departing guests in the most efficient manner possible, following all established procedures and policies.
- Review arriving reservations for the day early in the shift, checking for special requests, VIP’s, etc., assigning rooms as necessary.
- Pre-register groups that have requested pre-registration.
- Count cash drawer at beginning and end of each shift. Prepare shift deposit accurately, following standard procedures.
- Have a complete understanding of all aspects of the MICROS cash register operation.
- Compare housekeepers report with the folio bucket at the beginning of the PM Shift or when Housekeeping is finished for the day.
- Enter all wakeup calls accurately.
- Record messages and receive mail for arriving and in-house guests. Ensure that message lights are turned on and off as necessary.
- Check all guest folios during each shift, checking for potential credit problems. Ensure that all guests have either sufficient cash balances or authorized credit cards to cover expected charges. Take steps to notify cash customers who have used their credit balances to come and pay on their account.
- Record future reservations for any guest by phone or in person, following all standard procedures. Always check for sold-out dates before promising availability.
- Handle complaints efficiently and courteously. Listen carefully to the guest’s problem. If possible, take immediate personal responsibility to correct the problem. If you cannot correct the problem with available resources, notify your supervisor or the General Manager immediately. Always report the nature of the complaint to the General Manager so that an apology letter or other steps may be taken.
- Post phone charges promptly. Post any other charges incurred by guests during your shift using standard procedures.
- Take each available opportunity to upsell arriving guests to the highest rated room.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping on room statuses frequently during the day, transmitting check out rooms to Housekeeping and receiving ready rooms from Housekeeping.
- Complete Housekeeping Report on PM Shift. Accuracy is very important.
- File folios, RG cards, and reservations cards as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable about scheduled groups and meetings. Take time to read function sheets and reservations in order to be completely familiar with them.
- Maintain fresh coffee in the lobby at all times.
- Coordinate with Maintenance on any guest reported or observed problems.
- Answer telephone efficiently and pleasantly within three rings and with correct phrasing. Determine nature of the call and transfer to proper extension.
- Complete shift checklist before the end of the shift.
- Send and receive faxes as needed.
- Log all reservations in reservations log for your shift.
- Drive shuttle van as necessary.
- High school diploma
- Some customer service experience required
We administer pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
We Make A Meaningful Difference In The
Lives Of Our Team Members, Who In Turn
Deliver Memorable Customer Experiences And
Produce Exceptional Results For Our Owners
Posting ID: 572559476Posted: 2020-09-25