Position Purpose: To manage and control the operations of the Liquor Department, supervise Liquor Department team members and order merchandise. Ensure guest service, product quality and selection; along with providing knowledgeable recommendations and information on all products in the department in an easy to understand communication. Engage guests on Wine, Spirits or Beer selections to accompany any occasion and create an enjoyable shopping experience while maximizing sales. Advises and trains team members on Liquor Department basics to ensure guests are satisfied, retained and their needs fulfilled. Wine Stewards are expected to work during the peak selling periods which will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Build and encourage superior guest service, providing a continuous attention to guest needs in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner. Engage in suggestive selling and other sales techniques with knowledgeable suggestions and professionalism. Utilize social media tools to help drive guest loyalty and sales.
- Be knowledgeable on Wine regions, grapes, vineyards and vintages from all over the world and be able to offer appropriate suggestions for food pairings - matching wine with food to maximize a dining experience. Be acquainted with Spirits and spirit cocktails, having knowledge of recipes and ingredients. A good knowledge of Beer, Party Planning and familiarity of the entire store's amenities is a necessity. Engage in continuous education about wine, spirits and beer through ongoing training. Remain current on product trends and look for emerging trends which present sales opportunities for the department.
- Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost. Order wine from vendors; place specialty orders for guests as necessary. Restock racks and build case stacks and displays for visual appeal.
- Orders, receives, checks and controls inventory to ensure adequate quantity and quality. Maintains an awareness of seasonal and promotional merchandising and plans orders accordingly. Interprets reports, completes necessary paperwork, and follows company transmittal procedures.
- May operate checkstand equipment such as cash register and scanner to process customer orders. Engages in suggestive selling other sales techniques and bags customer orders. May be accountable for proper cash handling procedures and proper accounting of sales.
- Responsible for cost and quality control. Prevents shrink. Ensures compliance with product handling, stocking, display and signing procedures. Encourages and maintains a safe work environment. Ensures the proper sanitation and visual appeal of the department.
- Ensures compliance with liquor sales laws. Monitors backroom inventory and space security. Uses related equipment including: box cutters, compactors, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Requires taking and passing of certification training program and continued ongoing training. Must be of the legal age for consumption of alcoholic beverages in the jurisdiction in which they are employed.
- Requires good communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Must have knowledge of types, alcohol content, uses and care of liquor department products. Requires an awareness of popular drink recipes.
- Occasional exposure to 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler and while performing receiving duties.
Safety -- Sensitive Position:
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posting ID: 576715404Posted: 2020-10-14