Company Name: Mariano's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of store products. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store; assist/escort them to products, perform price checks, load/unload heavy items and help them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Enforce receiving operating hours and control flow of vendor traffic through receiving.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution, product skills and process skills.
- Ensure consistent execution of all packaged, refrigerated, frozen and dry products standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Receive merchandise and verify deliveries for quality, count and condition against invoices.
- Log irregularities/discrepancies/shortages/damaged shipments and process all credits; document vendor resolutions, post invoices and properly store documents.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, power jack, hand jack, flat bed, forklift, scrubber, compactor, mop, broom and intercom system) according to company guidelines.
- Communicate problems that may affect the integrity of the store or vendor.
- Deliver product to applicable storage/work load areas; properly handle all products to reduce waste and manage damaged/spoiled product.
- Rotate perishable merchandise; remove out-of-code merchandise from active storage areas for appropriate credit/return-to-vendor or disposal.
- Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to accomplish all assigned tasks.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, turning, standing, reaching stooping/bending, walking, climbing ladders, squatting, kneeling, and lifting/carrying objects 6 to 72 lbs., and pushing/pulling objects 300 to 2500 lbs.; occasionally lift/carry objects more than 72 lbs., crawl, climb ladders, walk on uneven ground, work above ground level and exposure to coolers (-20- 40o) and varying outdoor temperatures.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED or currently enrolled
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents; basic math skills
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL || Arlington Heights || 802 East Northwest Highway || 60004 || Mariano's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Posting ID: 589155171Posted: 2020-12-02