Cook Summary - Nature & Scope Be responsible at all times for creating a clean and safe kitchen and dining environment in accordance with state regulation and Cascade Living Group policies and procedures to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
• Excellent communication skills with family, residents, vendors and all team members.
• Must maintain eight hours of Alzheimer's and related dementia-specific training per year.
• Must possess current first aid certification.
• Must possess a current food handler's or serve safe certification.
• Ability to read and write English.
• Follow menu and recipes.
• Prepare meals in accordance with safe food handling guidelines.
• Ensure proper portion control when serving food.
• Ensure food is properly transported and stored.
• Attend and participate in the on-going in-service program.
• Make a significant contribution to the quality of life of the people who live in the community by initiating meaningful connections.
• Other duties as assigned by the Food Service Director.
• Supervise that the dietary aide has completed all their job duties.
• Will be working around equipment that requires knowledge of proper procedure and adherence to good safety standards. Physical Requirements: (with or without the aid of mechanical devices):
• Medium work. Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
DEPARTMENT: Dining Services REPORTS TO: Dining Services Director
DESCRIPTION UPDATE: April 2015 FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
OSHA Category Classification:
II: Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogen.