Posted Date 2 days ago (5/5/2020 9:03 PM)
Job ID 2020-5092
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceutical is seeking an experienced IT Cloud Engineer to lead global development, integration, automation and continuous improvement of the Cloud Infrastructure platform and services. This role will be key in shifting how Jazzicians obtain and adapt to Cloud services in an effective and efficient manner as the organization continues to grow rapidly. This position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Cloud platform and services that lead to meaningful outcomes for business capabilities.
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing hosting for cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Leading and developing best practices for and with the other engineer team members.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically diverse services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based solutions throughout the company.
- Staying current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Helping drive innovation within the engineering, operations, applications and security teams as the organization fully transitions to the cloud.
- Managing Managed Service Providers to Operationalize task for Build and Run.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 10 plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in IT with 5 plus years in a Cloud Engineer role with AWS or Azure and 5 plus years within IT or relevant area.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- 5 years experience in developing software using languages such as Java , Python, C++ or Ruby ...
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Demonstrated Experience in maintaining Design Documents and handoff process for Operational Support
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and time management skill.
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry is plus but not a requirement.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related degree
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.