Bring your culinary skills to another level! Unique opportunity for individuals desiring to build a culinary career.
Vi is recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Glassdoor's 100 Best Companies to work for. We have an exceptional opportunity for aspiring chefs! Learn from the best and accelerate your culinary career with Vi. Our Culinary team creates gourmet meals, from scratch, and delivers them to our residents in a 5-Star dining experience.
What We Offer:
- Award-winning training and development -- including the opportunity to take courses or lessons through the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) and Lobster Ink programs.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive benefits
- No late working hours -- the opportunity to balance your work and personal life!
- Luxury work environment
Assist in preparing all types of food while maintaining a safe, clean and sanitary work area. You will also assist with receiving and stocking deliveries using proper rotational practices. May assist kitchen attendant as needed. Requirements
- Prior experience within a high quality restaurant, country club, hotel or senior living company preferred
- Basic knife skills
- Ability to handle kitchen equipment
- Use a Point of Sale (POS) system
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Possess or be willing and able to obtain Food Handler certificate, as required
- Must possess a valid and current driver's license, where applicable
Create your own story
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
Vi offers competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career.
Vi is an Equal Opportunity Employer--minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Keyword tags: culinary, cook, hospitality, restaurant, senior living, retirement, food prep, chef, pastry, nursing home, geriatrics, healthcare Location Address
620 Sandhill Road, Palo Alto, California 94304