Anyone can offer a truck-driving job. Groendyke Transport offers careers that unlock unlimited potential.
Location: Enid Corporate Reports To: Corporate Controller
Exempt Classification Exempt Date Last Revised: October 18, 2017
Prepare and coordinate accurate and meaningful analysis to support decision making for business units. Utilize the technology available to provide key information and make recommendations for process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Perform detailed analysis on various terminal and department expenses.
- Develop reports that will incorporate the analysis to aid in management decision making.
- Analyze and interpret data to identify efficiencies and trends; investigate and research inefficiencies, anomalies and data quality problems; assist with process improvements for identified issues.
- Insure the data used in various reports is accurate and complete.
- Complete various state and other governmental financial reports
- Update and maintain fixed asset schedules
- Assist in unclaimed property and other such areas of reporting
- Responsible for reconcilement with general ledger of bank accounts.
- Responsible for understanding and analyzing certain aspects of payroll to evaluate recording of entries into the general ledger.
- Records unclaimed property entries and prepares unclaimed property reports for various states.
- Researches property tax information and prepares property tax reports for various states that the company is required to report to.
- Research current industry trends for best practices and key performance indicators.
- Implement tools to automate and improve efficiency of repetitive activities.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and required documentation for external auditors.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts.
- Compile information needed to record journal entries into general ledger accounts.
- Print monthly reports for terminals and other company departments.
- Handle miscellaneous accounting projects and other accounting department duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or 4+ years of accounting or financial analysis experience.
- Must be detail oriented and seek out improvement initiates.
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Must be honest and dependable.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, or other spreadsheet experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
- The ability to plan and accomplish goals.
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
Posting ID: 577066591Posted: 2020-10-01