MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK / CLINICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN
Immediate opening in our Clinical Records Department in a Home Health Agency.
A organized individual who has a keen attention to detail with the ability to function in a highly confidential role to accurately administer medical records, appropriately interact with agency staff and clientele and perform other clerical and clinical records duties as assigned. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Great communication skills
- Retrieve and/or files medical records
- Receive and file medical record reports, nursing notes, therapy notes, care plans, etc.
- Deliver records to requesting areas
- Records will be processed (released/requested, etc.) daily
- Respond to telephone inquiries
- Select and prepare medical records for storage according to established procedures
- Maintain medical records according to protocol
- Ensure requests are valid and accompanied by proper authorization
- Interact professionally with office staff, care workers, nurses, therapist, clients, etc
- Assure that information is accurate
- Maintains quality results by following home health organization standards.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Acts as the HIPAA Compliance Officer (Privacy Officer)
- Serves and protects the home health organization by adhering to professional standards, home health policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and DHS standards.
High school graduate or GED equivalent education
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Minimum of one year relevant work experience
Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
Must be very organized and detail oriented.
Metro is a comprehensive community health agency whose purpose is the provision of quality health and social services for clients and
families in the community and in the home. We believe in the innate worth of the individual as a human being regardless of age, race,
religion, sex, nationality or disability and the right of each person to dignity and respect.
Posting ID: 593996328Posted: 2021-03-02