Join Community Services Group (CSG), a Certified B Corporation, as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) for our Adult Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Services in Lebanon Countyand find meaning in your work every day.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you will develop relationships with individuals with an intellectual and/or developmental disability where they live, work, or in other community settings, in order to promote their emotional, physical and personal well-being. You will have the opportunity to:
- Support the civil and human rights of individuals with disabilities while upholding and promoting those rights.
- Assist individuals in the development of appropriate life skills necessary to reach their highest level of potential including interaction with others, cooking, housekeeping, money management, personal hygiene, etc.
- Support the individuals' preferences and ensures their interests are honored.
- Actively search for opportunities for individuals to experience life in their homes and communities as others without disabilities do.
- Facilitate life in the community through activities based on the hobbies and interests of those you will support.
- Help individuals reach their goals to be more independent by offering guidance, instruction, and role modeling.
- Be the Heart and Soul of our IDD Services.
This position offers:
- $12.00 per hour
- An incentive bonus:
- $160 per pay period for staff working 30 plus hrs/wk.
- $70 per pay period for staff working up to 29.75 hrs/wk.
- Full-Time, Part-Time & Flexible schedules - 2nd & 3rd shifts including weekend hours.
- Locations in Lebanon, Myerstown, and Newmanstown, PA.
- Variety in terms of daily routine and tasks with the opportunity for growth in your skills and understanding of others.
- Extensive paid training with an assigned Mentor that you can use in all aspects of your life.
- Career Development Opportunities through ongoing focused training and development.
- Autonomy to make decisions within a stable work environment while being supported by your team and your leadership.
- Up-to-date, user friendly technology and in-house IT support.
CSG offers Health Insurance & Benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision & Life Insurance - Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Other Paid Leave.
- Wellness Programs and Reimbursement.
- 401K with employer match, Tuition Assistance & More!
Health Insurance & Benefits availability will vary.
- 18 or older.
- High school diploma or equivalency or the desire to assist individuals to live life to its fullest.
- Willingness to accompany individuals into the community and provide support and assistance in interactions while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
- Valid driver's license and the willingness to transport individuals within the community in personal or CSG vehicles, including passenger vans.
- Be able to provide criminal background checks that were completed within the last year.
Successful DSPs at CSG are:
- Patient, compassionate, reliable, attentive, creative, flexible, understanding and open-minded.
- Committed to and advocate for the individuals we serve.
- Team players who are able to work well with others while being adaptable.
- Able to celebrate small successes while working towards long term goals.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team and make an impact in someone else's life, while also making a difference in your own.
Together, we are a force for good!
Like other healthcare organizations, we provide essential services to individuals and we will continue to serve and to hire during the COVID-19 pandemic while providing a safe and stable work environment for our team.
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit csgonline.org and click on Join our Team!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
Posting ID: 567819954Posted: 2020-08-14