You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Employee Communications Specialist is responsible for the design and delivery of communications programs focused on informing and educating Electronic Systems employees. As a key member of the Executive Communications team, this individual must be adept at writing across multiple platforms and for multiple stakeholders to drive employee engagement.
Required Skills and Education
- Work closely with the Executive Communications and Employee Communications leads to create messaging that relates company strategy and initiatives to employees.
- Serve as lead editor of sector's intranet pages, responsible for updating layout and content.
- Managing editor of the sector's quarterly magazine.
- Managing editor of the sector's monthly manager's newsletter.
- Work collaboratively with our Creative Group to develop collateral (posters, videos, brochures, etc.).
- Support other strategic internal campaigns as needed.
- Report into the Head of Executive Communications and will be a key member of the Communications team in BAE Systems' Electronic Systems sector.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective internal communications materials.
- Must work collaboratively, be a team builder, networker and motivator.
- In-depth knowledge of modern communications tactics, media, procedures and concepts.
- Ability to simultaneously initiate, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs.
- B.S. degree in Communications, Journalism, or English and 4+ years of experience in a communications discipline (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Defense or high-tech industry experience preferred. Knowledge of digital communications and analytics is a plus. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Posting ID: 567146014Posted: 2020-08-07