Agronomy Custom Applicator - Southern FS - Pinckneyville, IL
COMPANY: Southern FS
HIRING MANAGER: Doug Fox
LOCATION: Pinckneyville, IL
Do a professional job; keep equipment and facilities in a high state of repair. Assist Location Manager in other duties as assigned. Follow all policies as adopted and implemented by Southern FS, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A. Agronomy Custom Application to include (Custom Applications of Chemicals and Liquid Fertilizer, Dry Fertilizer and or Custom Application of Anhydrous Ammonia)
1. Do a professional job of custom application
2. Work the hours needed to get assigned jobs done, but be efficient in hours worked.
3. Keep application complaints to an absolute minimum. No acre bonus will be paid on complaint acres.
4. Keep application equipment neat and clean and in a good working order.
5. Be polite and courteous to customers and other employees.
B. Delivery of Energy Products (LP, Liquid Fuels, Packaged and Bulk Oils as deemed nessacary by Location Manger)
1. Deliver LP gas
2. Deliver Liquid Fuel Products (Diesel, Gasoline's, etc.)
3. Deliver Bulk or packaged oil products
4. Assist in service work of LP and Liquid fuel (i.e. LP tank sets, Liquid fuel tank sets, regulator change outs, liquid fuel pump maintenance, etc.)
5. Maintain required training as needed to perform above stated duties (i.e. CETP, Msha, Osha, etc.).
C. Equipment and Facility Maintenance
1. Maintain equipment and facility; keep them in good working order.
2. Keep facility, shop and work areas as clean and safe as possible.
3. Service rolling stock as needed on a regular basis - (oil changes, cleaning, etc.)
4. Have the rental and application equipment ready for busy season demands.
D. Assistance of Other Location Duties.
1. Assist in Crops, Energy, Structures and grain operations as needed.
2. Greet customers upon arrival & assist answering telephones, gather information and relay information to proper management or sales personal as needed.
3. Assist Location Manager in inventory and delivery of products when needed and to help service the customers.
4. Promote sales in all areas and assist all salesmen to help promote sales of company products and the services offered by the company.
E. Other Duties
1. Report to work at prescribed times.
2. Always come to work neat and clean and in company uniforms to project a good company image.
3. Be safety conscious at all times and report any unsafe operations or equipment to Supervisor.
4. Cooperate with Supervisor and peers.
5. Be friendly and show concern for patron needs.
6. Strive to keep company equipment in high state of repair and cleanliness.
7. Have a working knowledge of all products and services offered by company.
8. Operate company vehicles with due care to maintain the longest service life possible.
9. Prevent undo waste of inventory products, repair parts, tools and time to better net profits of company.
10. Attend all assigned meetings and arrive at prescribed times.
11. Notify Supervisor of all time off (i.e. personal days, sick days, vacation, etc.) at earliest possible time.
12. Use company vehicles for job related duties only.
13. Keep agreements between you and the company to yourself. Do not instigate rumors.
14. Keep personal calls to a minimum. Remember, phones are for company use.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Job duties will dictate the appropriate class or endorsements needed but the minimum requirement will be a Class A-CDL with the appropriate endorsements (ATX). Maintain an IDOA or Missouri pesticide license as dictated by supervisor or Operations Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.