CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
CHI St. Joseph Health Grimes is a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital located in Navasota, TX.
This position is responsible for providing and developing professional leadership in the nursing organization; coordination, implementation, administration, and evaluation of nursing care to patient and families; ensuring that high quality, cost effective nursing care is delivered and works to integrate the goals of the service and the hospital.
The individual in this position will assure the work environment adheres to regulatory requirements and departmental practices and processes reflect high quality standards which support excellence in patient care and a safe environment for patients, employees, physicians, visitors, and guests. Additionally, they must assure quality standards are implemented, maintained, and revisions to processes are updated and revised as appropriate. It is essential they monitor metrics to validate performance against national and system benchmarks and to ensure the delivery of competent clinical practice is consistently achieved.
1. Under the direction of the Vice President Patient Care, the incumbent will ensure provision of high quality patient care to a specified patient population that meets the standards of local, state, and national regulatory bodies and professional organizations.
2. Develops leadership within the hospital which supports and maintains excellence in the standards of research based nursing practice.
3. Develops, integrates, and implements goals of the hospital and nursing into their service line(s).
4. Leads quality programs and works to develop action places for continuous improvement.
5. Develops, reviews, and maintains fiscal budget within established targets. Monitors overtime, labor costs, medical supply expenses, and works with purchasing partner to obtain strong supply contract pricing.
6. Assures staffing patterns are flexed and according to unit activity and patient acuity.
7. Develop and manage the annual capital budget, establishing equipment priorities based on patient unit needs, physician recruitment activities, and revenue potential.
8. Develops a climate within which professional nursing can thrive and grow.
9. Develops a program of nursing that ensures recruitment of the highest caliber of nurses and the most effective retention of nurses within the service.
10. Collaborates with other members of the management team, physicians, and other departments to facilitate the delivery of patient care.
Education and Licensure Required:
*Bachelor's degree in Nursing and a Master's degree in Nursing, MBA, or MHA
*Registered Nurse (RN)
*Internal candidates are required to complete Master's program within 3 years
*A minimum of three (3) years of management experience at the nurse manager level or above.
*Excellent clinical and operational skills.
*Leadership experience within an academic medical center is highly preferred.
*Proven ability and sound knowledge base in the areas of work group effectiveness, shared governance, and nursing management issues.
*Track record of achieving effective collaboration across departmental and organizational lines.
*Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.