GREENHOUSE NURSERY LABORER
Monday - Friday
7:00AM - 5:00PM
Performs work related to Agricultural Labor for wholesale nursery production. This position requires the employee to perform work in an outside environment working with plants which exposes the employee to fertilizers, soil, dust, insects, etc. This job is performed on a year round basis in all weather conditions: heat, cold, rain, wind, direct sun exposure, etc.
Duties May include
• Spacing plants by picking up a 3 gallon or 1 gallon plant by hand and moving it.
• Manually loading plants onto carts.
• Weeding plants by hand.
• Pulling orders (riding on the back of a tractor and when tractor stops, loading plants on trailers).
• Laying ground cover down in new plant beds (picking up rolls of ground cover with another person and laying it down over plant bed).
• Assists “laydown crew” (pick up plants from the trailer and place it in the bed).
• Staking plants by placing a stake in the plant pot and securing.
• Other duties as assigned.
The employee must be able to perform the following physical activities during a work day that can average 8 to 12 hours per day in all weather conditions:
• Reaching / Overhead Reaching
• Climbing ladders (onto tractor)
• Wrist Flexion / Extension
• Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs repeatedly