Under general supervision, receives orders for blood and blood products (including Biocare), prepares blood and blood products for delivery, and delivers those products to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Receives and prepares routine orders for blood and blood products.
- Packages and delivers shipments.
- Maintains accurate Hospital Services records.
- Monitors all storage requirements and updates applicable records and charts. Performs quality control of storage equipment and shipping procedures.
- Maintains hospital services equipment, vehicles and work area.
- Performs inventory of blood products.
- Receives, inspects and determines acceptability of blood components. Releases blood components from observation.
- Performs basic lab functions as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Ability to read and write required.
- No experience required.
- Driving experience in a business environment preferred.
- Good communication and customer relations skills in order to deal effectively with customers and staff.
- Physical ability to lift (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stretch, reach and sit.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy on paperwork.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Able to work on-call and various shifts including evenings and weekends, and overtime.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
Posting ID: 597666384Posted: 2021-01-21