Community Housing Advocates
An Affiliate of Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp. and My Sisters’ Place
Job Title: Communications & Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Communications & Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Work Times/Locations
Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 4:30PM; flexibility for occasional nights and weekends when necessary
211 Wethersfield Ave Hartford, CT.
The Communications & Development Associate provides administrative, organizational and database support for the Development Department. Assists the Director of Communications & Development (the Director) in functions related to: Annual Fund, special events, and in the creation and distribution of publications, promotional materials, funding appeals and agency collateral. Assists the CEO and Director in activities related to the campaigns including funder prospecting, special events, campaign reporting and general campaign support. Works on complex assignments, requiring significant self-direction, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Maintain the ongoing functionality and appropriate upgrades to the fundraising database. Reconcile all gifts with Finance, enter data, target and track donors and funders and assemble mailing lists. Provide staff database training as appropriate.
- Assure integrity and accuracy in maintaining donor records. Establish consistent protocol for data input and monitor results.
- Produce fundraising reports as requested.
- Responsible for thanking and acknowledging donors on a timely basis and identifying opportunities for personalized donor contact.
- Assist the Director in conducting the Annual Fund including donor prospecting, preparing mailing lists, coordinating mailings and tracking results.
- Assist the Director in the creation, distribution and tracking of external communications and publications, including ongoing maintenance and improvements to the website.
- Provide assistance with the establishment and execution of donor cultivation and fundraising events including the annual Event. Serve as a member of the Event Committee.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to track volunteer’s activities in database.
- Assist the Director in the creation and ongoing administration of a major giving and planned giving program.
- Perform any other task that will assist the Organization in carrying out its mission, as assigned.
- Coordinate in-kind donations; create new and maintain existing relationships with donors.
- Donor/foundation research experience is desired
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite. Ability to perform mail merges/report generation and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization donors and funders.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and/or four years’ related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, including development, social media, database, marketing, and publishing experience.
- Experience in working with volunteers and in coordinating and implementing special events is essential.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must have valid Connecticut driver’s license and clean driving record with proof of automobile insurance.
CHA, My Sisters’ Place, and Mercy Housing & Shelter Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 566825820Posted: 2020-08-05