The Strategic Accounting Infrastructure and Control Team within the Global Program Management organization is responsible for the analysis and execution of financial accounting architecture changes, ranging from production remediations and industry/LOB initiatives to large-scale, multi-year strategic initiatives to replace entire product systems.
In support of these initiatives, the Strategic Accounting Infrastructure Team is looking for an Associate to support Securities and/or Derivative accounting infrastructure projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide and document detailed accounting requirements for debt and equity instruments according to US and local GAAP. This includes accounting calculations, where required.
- Provide and document detailed accounting requirements for derivatives
- Liaise with Product Controllers and other interested parties to ensure other requirements are addressed.
- Work closely with technology partners during the development phase to ensure build meets finance requirements.
- Write and execute UAT test cases; participate in E2E, production parallel and conversion testing.
- Ensure strategic infrastructure design meets Finance Principles and Big Rules established.
- Analyze controls to ensure the strategic infrastructure operates within a solid control environment.
- Liaise with PMO and assist with overall governance.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment. Additional qualifications:
- 2+ years finance experience
- In depth knowledge of derivatives or securities accounting (debt and equity instruments)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups). PowerPoint and Word, a plus
- Knowledge of key Finance systems and processes, including MIS and GL, a plus
- Business process or technology project experience, a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransAbout the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.