Position Summary :
Our Meat Team Leader manages the entire Meat Team and keeps it running like a well-oiled machine.
Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the department at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback - identify opportunities for development and coach for success. "
About Us :
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation; Meat Cutting
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Meat Cutting, Meat Processing or Meat Science
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Travel Required: None
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members' productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Communicate with the merchandising team to ensure that promotions are properly communicated to Team Members and guests.
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business.
- Review and analyze both stores financial, LOB reports, and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls, and reduction.
- Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
Posting ID: 576427023Posted: 2020-09-29