UOVO seeks a highly collaborative, influential, and experienced business development professional with a demonstrated track record of successfully devising and implementing sales strategies and tactics, as well as initiating and executing lucrative leasing opportunities which significantly accelerate the company's growth and profitability. The incumbent will be an integral member of the executive team and help to fulfill the company's vision to transform its industry.
The Vice President of Business Development will spearhead an integrated leasing strategy that meaningfully contributes to the advancement of UOVO's business operations. The incumbent will report to the Chief Executive Officer, and be responsible for skillfully managing a team of business development professionals who seek to increase UOVO's market share through new internal and external sales.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, administer, and implement the business development strategies and tactics for the company.
- Establish and achieve sales goals, metrics, and milestones. Regularly track and report on progress and success.
- Oversee and implement full sales cycle, including market research and trend analysis, vacancy analysis, prospecting, pitch, closing, renewal, and upsell.
- Implement targeted plan to lease specialized storage space for fine art, fashion, and other collectibles to clients through networking, meetings, lead prospecting, referrals, inbound inquiries, and in-person tours.
- Identify, evaluate, solicit, and follow-up with prospects through multiple sales, communications, and marketing methods (including project-based outreach initiatives), with a focus on delivering tailored solutions to suit the unique needs of each client.
- Oversee development of leasing proposals, property presentations, and other collateral for prospective clients.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, intermediaries, and key industry partners.
- Act as a brand ambassador (in-person and virtually), and represent UOVO at art and cultural events, as well as other client-facing occasions.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to devise and execute strategic initiatives.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes of conduct.
- Any other projects or tasks assigned by manager.
Qualifications & Skills
- 10 or more years of sales or business development experience in real estate, arts and culture, or other relevant fields.
- Entrepreneurial, high-energy individual with strong general business acumen and broad knowledge and experience with successful sales and marketing practices.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented, with excellent organizational and coaching abilities.
- Superb communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal) and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead meetings, drive conversations, and offer creative solutions.
- Gifted at networking, establishing personal connections, and targeted lead prospecting.
- Track record of closing deals, and a history of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Experience leading a sales or business development team and executing full sales cycle (prospecting through closing and retention/upsell).
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Experience in the arts and culture sector - including museums, galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and fashion - valued but not required.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus health benefits, 401(k) matching contribution, company profit share eligibility, and other benefits included.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with "Vice President of Business Development" in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UOVO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The UOVO Name
"UOVO" (pronounced "woh-vo") means "egg" in Italian and reflects our core mission to safeguard and protect fragile objects. Our name is as unique and different in our industry as our facilities and quality of service. To learn more about UOVO, please visit our website at: www.UOVO.art
Queens Plaza 41-54 22nd St.
Long Island City, NY 11101
Please note, all UOVO Facilities are accessible by appointment only until further notice.