Sunapee Cove is seeking a License Practical Nurse to provide direct nursing care to residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by our Certified Nursing Assistants and Certified Medication Tech. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by your supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Maintain current resident care plans on all residents under his/her care.
· Closely mentors, guides and directs nursing staff
· Follow physician's orders
· Transcribe physician's orders promptly and accurately
· Review resident records daily to assure accuracy and completeness.
· Document comprehensive and complete nursing notes.
· Document and report any unusual or significant findings; contact the physician when necessary.
· Administer medications according to procedure.
· Maintain an accurate and safe control of all drugs for which he/she is responsible.
· Initiate any and all emergency procedures as necessary.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) job qualifications include:
· Valid licensure as Licensed Practical Nurse /LPN within state of New Hampshire
· Must have current CPR certification
· Previous experience preferred but not required
· Computer proficiency
· Strong interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in applying or know someone to refer for the position please fax or e-mail resume to 603-763-0564 or firstname.lastname@example.org