Led by our CEO who was voted one of the country's 50 best CEO's by Glassdoor, 1-800Accountant is the country's largest virtual accounting firm supporting the small business community. We serve over 30,000 clients.
1-800Accountant is changing the way business owners think about accessing accounting services. Our team based model allows our members to utilize unlimited advisory services with well seasoned Enrolled Agents and CPA's across the country. Our services include tax advisory services with the convenience of on-the-go technology, individual and business tax preparation, bookkeeping, sales and use tax, and payroll services.
The focus of our NY team is on the product development, operations and management of our fulfillment efforts including the ongoing training and management of our remote workforce.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of Remote Accountants while working at our headquarters in New York City. This is a unique opportunity to incorporate your strong analytic and operational skills while applying them to your passion, tax and accounting. You will work with a team of Tax Managers responsible for guiding Remote Accountants to ensure the successful fulfillment of our products and services. You will be called on to work collaboratively and to contribute to the betterment of processes. The team you are guiding are responsible for; providing tax consultation, resolving client concerns addressing tax liabilities etc.
- Direct and oversee 8-10 Remote Accountants who are managing small business clients.
- Participate in the ongoing training and coaching of nationally based staff
- Oversee Accountants responsible for the preparation of individual (1040) and business tax returns (1120, 1120s,10165) and associated schedules
- Identify areas for process improvement and collaborate with Managers to execute change.
- Meet or exceed all productivity deadlines, goals, and established client or management expectations
- Provide an escalated point of contact for customers working with Accountants in your team.
- Be the first to advise your Accountants on how they can help clients minimize their tax liabilities and take advantage of programs
- Assists clients during audits and other related inquiries
- Keeps up to date on tax laws and current developments in your areas of expertise
- All other responsibilities or duties assigned by management
Skills and Experience:
- BS Accounting or other relevant degree or combination of education and experience
- Enrolled Agent License and/or CPA Certification
- Strong experience in the preparation and/or review of individual (1040) and business/non-profit tax returns (1120,1120S,1065, 990 and 1023) and associated schedules and financial statements
- Proficiency in related technologies; spreadsheets, tax prep and bookkeeping software (Lacerte is a plus)
- Analytical: Collect and research data, synthesize complex and diverse information
- Working knowledge of general business practices and ability to demonstrate business and financial acumen
- Experience, aptitude and interest in coaching, training and assisting in mentoring less experienced staff
- Communicate directly and extensively with clients, colleagues, management, IRS and state government agencies to resolve escalated issuesAbility to manage a high volume of tasks with poise
- Tech-savvy, embraces innovation and change, thrives in a challenging environment, sees opportunities in adversity
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 557865269Posted: 2020-06-01