Associate General Counsel (Employment & Tax)
Salary commensurate with experience + great benefits!
Associate General Counsel
Hours: Full Time
Location: Richmond, VA
Rate: Salary commensurate with experience + great benefits!
Serve as a supporting attorney to the General Counsel to fulfill the Office of General Counsel's mission of providing excellent legal advice with integrity that enables IMB to fulfill its vision of a multitude from every language people, tribe and nation knowing and worshipping the Lord Jesus Christ. Provide legal analysis and strategic advice to enable IMB to navigate the complex patchwork of both state and federal laws in the US and the laws of many sovereign countries that apply to IMB personnel and its global operations. Advises IMB management and personnel of means to mitigate risk, but does not seek to avoid the inherent risk of sharing the gospel and advancing the kingdom of God in a world opposed to the gospel.
- Provide IMB leadership and field personnel general legal advice and assistance regarding home office and worldwide field operations, identifying potential legal implications and ensuring legal sufficiency of IMB programs and policies, in order to provide legal risk management that furthers and facilitates the strategic advancement of IMB's mission.
- Provide legal counsel for IMB's Field and Staff Human Resources teams regarding employment law, employee benefits law, and internal investigations.
- Review, research and provide legal counsel for IMB logistics and finance teams and field personnel on US and international regulatory matters, including taxation, banking, and financial and corporate transparency.
- Draft and review contracts and other legal agreements and coordinate with outside counsel on any matters for which outside counsel is advisable or required.
- Review, research and provide recommendations regarding other areas of law as needed from time to time including trust and estates in which IMB is the beneficiary, tax exempt organizations, and litigation.
- Perform other duties for IMB leadership and management as requested by General Counsel.
- More than 8 years experience in legal practice with a minimum of 4 years experience in employment law.
- Juris Doctor from ABA accredited law school.
- Licensed by the Virginia State Bar.
- Strong Quantitative Skills -Able to design, develop and implement tools to accomplish job responsibilities.
- Strong Strategic Skills - Able to assess and develop business strategies, considering internal capabilities and constraints, competitive dynamics, and external forces.
- Strong Presentation Skills - Able to portray findings and recommendations in a variety of visual and written formats.
- Advanced Analytical Skills- Spot legal issues and problems, identify trends and anomalies in complex data, and make proper inferences and recommendations based on findings.
- Advanced Project/Process Management Skills- Ability to manage a legal project from beginning to end and meet client needs. Able to utilize, design, develop and implement a variety of processes, procedures, templates and tools to accomplish job responsibilities.
- Advanced Legal Research.
- Intermediate Computer/Technical Skills- Variety of internally developed (Field Entity Database, Workday) and off the shelf (Skype, WebEx, Contract Management Software) products for communication and project management. Advanced Office 365.
- Advanced Written and Oral Communication- Drafting emails and legal memoranda on complex issues; reviewing and drafting a variety of legal documents from jurisdictions around the world; craft and deliver recommendations and presentations on simple to complex legal topics to a wide variety of audiences for a variety of purposes - to persuade, to educate and to raise awareness.
- Strong Cross-Cultural Skills - Able to work with professionals and other individuals from different countries and cultures to secure the relevant information to provide applicable legal and strategic advice.
- Able to build team relationships; identify, gather, and evaluate relevant information needed to make informed decisions; and navigate through ambiguity, obstacles, and multi-faceted (and at times contradictory) individual and organizational goals.
Posting ID: 564754593Posted: 2020-08-09