Chick-fil-A 43rd & 8th Avenue In-Line
(located in the Theater District at Times Square and the Port Authority Bus Terminal)
Chick-fil-A 43rd & 8th In-Line is actively selecting talented individuals who have a passion for serving others and are committed to excellence. We want to grow and serve together and create "REMARK" able experiences for our guests. Our vision is to "Be the most caring Chick-fil-A in New York City".
Our Restaurant's Purpose Statement:
We care about people. We create opportunities for our team members to be their best. We are faithful stewards of all that's entrusted to us.
Within Chick-fil-A, our Team Member role is valued as more than "just a job". We see it as an opportunity. As a team member, you will gain life experiences that extend far beyond serving a great product in a friendly environment. Chick-fil-A is an opportunity for people of all ages and backgrounds and no experience is required.
A position at Chick-fil-A is more than just a food service job. It is the first stop to a successful career in the marketplace. Here are just a few of the excellent benefits of serving at Chick-fil-A. We understand that you have commitments to your family, friends, school and sports teams. We are dedicated to helping you work and keep your commitments to those relationships that are meaningful to you. All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sunday's because we are dedicated to our team having a day off to rest and spend time with family and friends.
Along with a competitive paycheck, our team members serve in a nurturing environment where you will be equipped to learn valuable business, people, and life skills. Chick-fil-A also provides scholarship opportunities. At Chick-fil-A, we consider our team members to be more than just employees. Our team members are a highly valued part of each Chick-fil-A restaurant. We ensure that our team sincerely enjoys being a vital part of the Chick-fil-A Brand.
Treat people like people. Be kind. Warm welcomes and fond farewells.
Take ownership. Think glass half-full. Persevere relentlessly.
Give and take feedback. Learn from each other. Choose to serve.
· Competitive Pay: Team Members start at $15 per hour with the opportunity for self-led raises. Leadership Roles start at $18 per hour.
· Closed Sundays: All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
· No Experience Is Necessary: We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
· College Scholarships: At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Leadership Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.
· Free Meals: Who doesn't love a complimentary meal before or after your shift?
· Celebration: Opportunities through the year to get together with your teammates celebrate important milestones.
· Leadership Development: Do you have the potential to lead a team? A job at our Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Our leadership development process can help you achieve your dreams of being a successful and effective leader.
A Team Leader (also known as a Shift Leader or Assistant Manager) assists the Directors and other members of the leadership team to run the day to day operations of a shift. A Team Leader should represent our brand/culture and build relationships with their peers and team members. Must assist with executing operational excellence in the front-of-house and kitchen. The Team Leader works with all team members and helps monitor quality of food and guest experience. This individual should foster team unity and delivers the highest quality of professionalism and work ethic. This individual must have a passion for service, excellence, and a genuine care for people. The Team Leaders reports directly to the Hospitality or Kitchen Director and/or the Director of Operations. The ideal candidate for this role must be passionate about service, food safety/quality, and hospitality to create a remarkable experience for our guests AND team members. This person is a self-starter, results-driven, and detailed oriented individual.
Team Leader Success Measurements:
· Guest Feedback- Improving our scores based on positive and negative comments [Customer Experience Monitor(CEM)]
· Self-Assessments- completing daily self-assessments [electronic Restaurant Quality Assessment (eRQA)]
· Communication- teaching and coaching team members in their role; addressing corrective actions; feedback given and received from fellow leadership
· Cost Controls: Food Cost and Labor Cost Management. Coaching all team members to ensure all polices and recipes are followed.
· Running Successful Shifts: task completion, involvement in daily operations, supporting others to run successful shifts, feedback to and from team members, completing all daily action items, training and educating team members.
Education and Behavioral Characteristics:
· High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate’s Degree is a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office, and Apple iOS
· Honesty- Own your mistakes, learn and grow from them
· Integrity- Do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
· Character- Who are you when no one else is looking.
· Commitment- Make a promise and stick to it.
· Pursuit of Excellence- Why not your best? Give 100% in all you do.
· Optimism- Have a positive “half-glass-full” attitude
· Customers First- Honor, Dignity & Respect for Everyone
· Teaching- able to coach and develop, while continuing to seek personal improvement through problem solving
· Ownership- Well organized with excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills, knows when to delegate to others
· Servant Leader- humble enough to serve others where they are.
Work Schedule and Shift Responsibilities:
· Must be available to work on Saturdays
· Flexible availability to open and close our restaurant effectively
· Can work a minimum of 30 hours a week, but not more than 40 per week. It is the employee’s responsibility to monitor weekly hours. Any unapproved overtime is subject to disciplinary actions and/or termination
· When multiple leaders are scheduled for a shift, TL may have to assume the responsibilities of a regular team member to support the leader-on-duty
· Ability to work effectively and keep themselves calm under pressure in an intense fast paced environment.
· Hours are not guaranteed but are predictably scheduled in accordance with the NYC Fair Work Week Law. Hours are subject to change based on business needs and are assigned based on an individual’s availability, work performance, and dependability.
· The days can feel long and the work can be physically demanding, so employees may find the job tiring.
· The restaurant environment is likely to be noisy and busy, which can all be stressful.
· Team Leaders are on their feet for most of the shift, so comfortable shoes need to be worn and the job is not suitable for anyone with back problems.
· Stamina and physical strength are also important for the job, as employees are expected to lift and carry heavy items regularly (at least 50lbs).
· Team Leaders may be expected to start work very early or work at night.
· Team morale and positivity is very important and a part of the Chick-fil-A culture
"A great company is a caring company" -S. Truett Cathy, Founder