The Manager supervises the operation of the restaurant on a shift- by-shift basis, with primary responsibility for the dining room area. Manages hospitality staff planning and staff development and maintains a safe environment.
**All managers share responsibility for the following while functioning as the Manager- on-Duty:
- Sources and recruits key talent for all areas of the business.
- Conducts interviews of People Matter candidates and supports orientations for new team members when General Manager is away from the unit.
- Ensures training programs are followed for team members in new positions.
- Plans and leads shift meetings, builds camaraderie, and solicits feedback.
- Participates in bi-weekly manager meetings.
- Handles shift-by-shift on-the-fly coaching of team members.
- Handles shift-by-shift counseling of team members and seeks guidance from GM,
for any termination decisions.
- Keeps General Manager informed of any and all employee relations issues, especially potentially concerning discrimination or harassment.
- Creates and executes plans for self-development, including but not limited to use of formal company training programs.
- Assists other managers with hiring decisions for all departments..
- Creates weekly schedules within budgeted labor guidelines, balancing team member needs and business needs.
- Creates, develops and implements incentive programs for Team Members.
- Actively motivates Team Members to participate in all company promotions and incentives.
- Responsible for the regular performance feedback (including 2 performance reviews per year), and development of restaurant.
- Assists General Manager with the on-going performance management, effective coaching / counseling, development of Bar, Hospitality and Assistant Managers.
- Communicates effectively to all team members by holding quarterly meetings to communicate successes, new procedures and areas of opportunity.
- Models hospitality skills/behaviors, including regular interaction and engagement with guests.
- Ensures guest satisfaction, inspires guest loyalty and ensures responsible alcohol service, through effective shift execution.
- Effectively handles guest complaints during shifts, turning dissatisfied guests into satisfied guests.
- Actively looks for and identifies techniques to attract new guests
- Ensures that all managers and Team Members are guest focused first, and displays hospitality skills consistently such as 100% manager table visits, big hellos and big goodbyes, etc.
- Utilizes all compliance systems, manager tools and procedures both in a timely manner, and with integrity (including but not limited to SOP’s, restroom checks, ticket tracker, line checks, guest check audits) to ensure proper shift execution.
- Conducts administrative manager functions as needed (entering invoices, end of day procedures, etc).
- Maintains high cleanliness standards, holds Team Members accountable for adherence to daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Helps to ensure adherence to ServSafe Alcohol, Food and HACCP standards, with specific responsibility for Food and HACCP.
- Assists in the rollout of new company programs, policies and procedures as requested.
- Facilitates and ensures adherence to new food product rollouts.
- Responsible for ensuring all Team Members meet or exceed our standards for serving quality products, recipe adherence and portioning.
- Communicate with all food vendors and holds food vendors accountable for delivering the highest quality product on a timely basis to our specifications.
- Helps general manager teach, coach and direct managers and Team Members on quality, service and cleanliness standards and proper inventory levels.
- Understands and analyzes pertinent sections of restaurant performance measurement tools and troubleshoots problems areas. Creates and puts action plans in place to address issues. Conducts administrative manager functions (entering invoices, inventory, end of day procedures, etc).
- Monitors all repair and maintenance and manages preventative maintenance program for the restaurant and communicates needs to appropriate persons.
Sales and Profits:
- Understands and executes all new product and marketing promotions.
- Manages shifts to achieve sales and profit goals (including labor and food cost management, and controlling expenses).
- Responsible for overall food cost, HOH labor results, food ordering, adjusting of prep and par levels.
- Maintains proper inventory levels on all food and paper products.
- Establishes daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly projections.
- Understands the P&L statement, creates action plans for problem areas.
- Assists the General Manager in the creation and development of the annual budget.
- Teaches managers how to meet or exceed budgeted profit goals, reacts to trends, troubleshoots problem areas.
- Completes all other assigned duties or tasks