JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The Strategic Accounting Infrastructure and Control (SAIC) Team is responsible for the analysis and execution of financial accounting architecture changes, supporting Financial Control, Asset Class Control, and Product Control. The projects range from production remediations and industry/LOB initiatives to large-scale, multi-year strategic initiatives to replace entire product systems.
The SAIC Team is looking for an Associate to support the multi-year build out of our in house Securities Processing Platform- FTPS to allow processing of our North American Fixed Income activity.
• Provide and document detailed accounting requirements for debt instruments according to US and local GAAP. This includes accounting calculations, where required.
• Liaise with Financial Controllers, Asset Class Controllers, Product Controllers, and other interested parties to ensure other requirements are addressed.
• Work closely with Technology during the development phase to ensure build meets finance requirements.
• Work closely with Operations to identify inconsistencies between Finance and Operations requirements.
• Write and execute UAT test cases; participate in E2E, production parallel and conversion testing.
• Ensure strategic infrastructure design meets Finance Principles and Big Rules established.
• Analyze controls to ensure the strategic infrastructure operates within a solid control environment- including identifying any opportunities for process and control improvements.
• Liaise with PMO and assist with overall governance.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment. Additional qualifications:
• 2-4 years finance or accounting experience (fixed income securities experience preferred)
• Understanding of the securities trade lifecycle
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills including root cause analysis and ability to provide solutions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Organized and self-motivated
• Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups). PowerPoint and Word
• Knowledge of key Finance systems and processes, including MIS and GL, a plus
• Business process or technology project experience, a plus
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 587809866Posted: 2020-12-01