The Master Scheduler establishes and maintains a valid Master Production Schedule (MPS) that best meets customer service, inventory, and unit cost targets, by effectively balancing supply and demand for product.
- Creates a MPS that satisfies customer demand with optimum inventory levels and resource utilization; utilizes the Master Schedule for the detailed plant, material, equipment and manpower capacity planning as well as financial planning.
- Maintains linkage between non-recurring product development projects efforts and MPS requirements; ties together Engineering plans with Production plans.
- Establishes Production schedules including raw material procurement and manufacturing schedules.
- Prepares a cost of goods sold forecast in coordination with Sales & Marketing based in the MPS and capacity utilization.
- Manages, monitors, and updates Kanbans as needed.
- Coordinates MPS through production, determining material availability, identifying actions and solutions required to meet projected delivery requirements.
- Analyzes the demand and supply balance of the product family and Master Schedule levels, determining out of balance conditions, identifying alternatives and recommending actions for approval.
- Prepares production analysis charts and machine load forecasts and labor forecasts.
- Follows up on actual vs schedule production and prepares work order completion reports, working in conjunction with manufacturing department; identifies, negotiates and resolves conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability and order promising integrity.
- Utilizes a basic understanding of lean manufacturing and JIT principles including DBS tools to apply in appropriate situations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree required. Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Business Administration or Operations Management or a technical field preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in planning/scheduling or equivalent.
- APICS certification preferred.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of technical Master Scheduling logic, including the use of Master Schedule tools, Available to Promise calculations, Projected Balance calculations and interfaces with MRP.
- Familiarity with Bills of Material and Router maintenance along with understanding of production scheduling and control.
- Understanding of production flow principles and process.
- Ability to analyze data and utilize mathematical skills to create schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in problem solving and business decisions.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.). Knowledge of Google Platform a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employees frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear and will occasionally be required to bend, stoop, kneel and climb stairs. Must have the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.