The primary purpose of this salaried position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department. The programs shall be scheduled on an ongoing basis and designed in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interest and the physical, mental, psychological and spiritual well being of each resident. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
- Participate in MDS process through resident assessment, development and implementation of activity care plan and discharge planning involving residents, family and responsible party in the process.
- Keep current regarding federal and state regulations as well as professional standards and make recommendations on changes as well as continuing education to maintain certification.
- Provide activities in accordance with defined budget, recommending to administrator ways to provide cost effective, quality activities maintaining an accurate account of all expenditures.
- Develop monthly activity calendar and post in facility as directed providing resident activities inclusive of weekend, evening and outing programs.
- Develop and provide orientation program and implement a volunteer program.
- Monitor department personnel to assure that they are following established facility policies and procedures and maintain current department policies and procedures as well as performance evaluations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident records.
- Refer complaints/grievances made by the resident/family to the administrator indicating what actions were taken to resolve complaint/grievance.
- Must be a qualified therapeutic recreating specialist or activities professional that is licensed by the state and is eligible for certification as a recreation specialist or an activity professional.
- Must possess a high degree of competency in communication skills (including spelling and English grammar, conflict resolution, human resource management, and financial management).
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to associate with persons of all levels of authority and socioeconomic environments.
- Must possess the level of mobility that may require prolonged standing, sitting, walking and climbing stairs.
- Must possess an essentially normal visual acuity, clarity of speech and communication level hearing ability.
7885 Camargo Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45243, USA
Posting ID: 567250990Posted: 2020-08-09