At Avamere, our mission is to enhance the life of every person we serve.
This includes our patients, residents, patient and resident family members, and our fellow co-workers.
Annual Wage Increases
Full-time Position Available
Avamere Rehab of Newport
835 SW 11th Ave
Newport, Oregon 97365
The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, coordinate, and direct our infection control program and its activities in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern such programs, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Infection Control Committee to ensure that an effective infection control program is maintained at all times. Responsibilities/Qualifications/Skillset
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, coordinate, and direct our infection control program in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern such requirements in nursing care facilities.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current CDC, OSHA, and local regulations concerning infection control or standard/universal precautions.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update infection control precautions and aseptic technique that successfully correct problem areas.
- Monitor infection control practices and procedures to ensure that all personnel are implementing our standard operating procedures for tasks involving exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Serve on, participate in, and attend Infection Control Committee meetings.
- Develop and implement a practical system of detecting, evaluating, recording, and reporting infections that originate with facility personnel.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of residents for admission to the facility.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services in preparing the budget for the department in relation to its infection control program and activities.
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service training classes and educational programs that provide instructions on "how to do the job" for all facility personnel.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a written plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident in isolation or on infection control precautions that identifies the problems/needs of the resident, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- Identify, evaluate, and classify routine and job-related functions to ensure that tasks in which there is potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years clinical experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related healthcare facility.
- Must have, as a minimum, six (6) months training experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Must possess a working knowledge of epidemiology, microbiology, infectious diseases, and aseptic technique to include Standard
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to
- nursing care facilities and infection control practices, to include standard/universal precautions.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring discounts on gym memberships, financial coaching, counseling services, and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off
- 401K retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
Nestled near the beautiful Oregon coast lies Avamere Rehabilitation of Newport, a 52-bed skilled nursing community.
Employees are drawn to Avamere because of their mission to enhance the life of every person they serve and their seven core values supporting this unified goal. With free nursing assistant classes, tuition reimbursement, scholarships, and more, Avamere sets up their employees for success.
The Newport team values quality care with a 5-star quality measures rating and 4-star overall Medicare rating. In addition, t he American Health Care Association recognized Avamere Rehabilitation of Newport for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program
See their quality care in action! Visit their website
, and Facebook
Posting ID: 583294177Posted: 2020-11-19