Join the TrueNet family as a Construction Planner in the West Warwick, Rhode Island market. As a TrueNet team member you will receive competitive benefits, excellent pay and flexible work schedules. TrueNet is a leading company in the Telecom Industry and always looking for the perfect addition.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as being a successful team player, have outstanding communications skills and experience in Telecommunication with Construction background as well.
The Construction Planner 1 supports the administration of 1 or more small and/ or short-duration projects for our customer. This position often requires the person sitting in the role to learn facets of the position on the job. This role directly supports a customer requested position and typically assists with facilitating processes/projects for the customer. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Partner with internal and external customers to communicate project tasks, and schedules.
- Coordinate activities with other employees within our or the customer’s organization to ensure compliance and appropriate follow-through of policies, procedures, rules, rates, and completion dates applicable to his/her assigned HFC projects.
- Perform field engineering of proposed projects and ensure routing delivers the most cost-effective design for construction.
- Manage the document control process and ensure constant communication with the customer and both internal and external team members.
- Organize and maintain data in clear, accurate formats. Ensure project files are properly maintained and uploaded in customer database.
- Coordinate with customer contractors, or 3rd party vendors to track jobs from start to finish, review/approve invoices and balance POs as required.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry practices, standards and customer needs.
- Conduct research and review multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to telecommunication facilities.
- Assist with the preparation of preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of preliminary zoning/permit applications in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Escalate any project related issues that may impact completion and/or customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience within the telecommunications industry required. Experience with wireless and/or cable industry a plus. Construction industry experience may be substituted for telecommunications experience.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding the fundamentals of Communications construction required.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications - Excel, Word.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 20 pounds less than one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 75% travel required.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), read here
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.
Powered by JazzHR