A Carter Components Plant General Manager is responsible for the vision, strategy and leadership which drives the component plants in order to achieve and maintain high standards of quality, customer satisfaction, delivery and manufacturing capabilities. Ensures performance and quality objectives are met while minimizing expenses. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be considered for this position:
- Previous management experience in a truss manufacturing/construction environment
- Strong understanding of the production of trusses and wall panels
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvements
- Possess knowledge in scheduling and shipping methods
- Ability to use strong judgment in analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating problems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Oversees all areas of the plant to ensure and maintain high standards of quality, safety and service.
- Develops budget for plant and carries out the plan to meet that budget.
- Sets the overall direction for the plant through long and short term goal planning.
- Identifies and implements training and development programs for all employees.
- Monitors employee performance and counsels employees on improvement opportunities to ensure standards are met.
Production & Scheduling
- Ensures that production and delivery schedules are met and are optimizing lead times.
- Partners with Plant Supervisors, Office Coordinators, Customer Service Representatives, Designers and Dispatchers to identify areas of improvement.
- Monitors cost of production and ensures that those costs are maintained.
- Ensures inventory is properly accounted for and accurate.
- Responsible for properly delegating and overseeing all aspects of inventory according to policies and procedures.
- Directs and facilitates best practices to ensure safety standards are met during production.
- Ensures that all machines and equipment is being properly used and maintained.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 577067156Posted: 2020-10-18