Assistant Managers (AMs) are responsible for the day to day operations of the Kitchen, or Front of House and reports directly to the Store Manager. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the training of staff, monitoring food quality, food and dry goods ordering, execution of Burgers of the Day, repairs and maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation, scheduling, costing of food, completing daily check lists, maintaining and editing labor, following the budgets set forth by the Chief Financial Officer, and disciplining staff. Embodies a "customer first" mentality while upholding all Company tenets and practice the principles of Q.S.C.C.
CORE SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Innate understanding of how all operational decisions may impact the ability to put the guest experience first.
• Anticipates guest’s needs.
• A discerning eye for detail.
• Sixth sense attuned to non-verbal language and cues.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Grace under pressure; is able to quickly and diplomatically diffuse tense situations with guests and Team Members.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Accurate arithmetic skills and an overall strong math aptitude.
• Professional and courteous.
• Positive Team and motivational skills
• Aptitude for accurate mathematical calculations as it relates to inventory, food preparation and related supplies.
• Excellent personal hygiene.
• Fluent in English.
• Team oriented outlook.
• Maintaining food quality.
• Maintaining a positive relationship with vendors and maintenance personnel.
• Leads and motivates Kitchen staff.
• Check daily completion of checklists.
• Interviews and hires new Team Members and oversees training [checklists, protocols and procedures].
• Maintains an up to date schedule, ensuring that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts within parameters of Labor Budgets.
• Disciplines and when necessary terminates employees
• Monitors Kitchen and Store upkeep and communicates maintenance needs clearly and timely to the Store Manager.
• Daily time-card Maintenance and ensuring time-cards accurate before payroll [once every two weeks].
• Maintaining the Emergency Numbers list.
• Keeps all Team Member info [phone, email, etc] current.
• Ensures all health and safety restaurant policies and procedures are followed
• Manages food inventory; orders supplies as needed.
• Performs sales operational functions using point-of-service (POS) restaurant software application.
• Meets guest’s needs and dietary restrictions.
• Estimates food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedules the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
• Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen areas. Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
• Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service uniforms, and appearance standards.
• Works with Corporate Office staff regarding the efficient ongoing and purchasing of food-related supplies.
• Works with Corporate Office staff to provide information relating to vendor invoicing and sales data.
• Coordinates and organizes food and related supply needs for private events.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 45049876Posted: 2020-07-14