Crown Cork & Seal's North American Beverage Packaging Division has an opening for a Forktruck operator working in a manufacturing facility located in Nichols, New York. This facility will manufacture aluminum cans for the beverage industry. This position will transport inventory and materials (both raw materials and finished goods) throughout both the operation floor and warehouse areas at this high-speed state-of-the-art metal packaging manufacturing facility. Other responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensures all equipment, guards, and safety devices are in place at all times, and follows safe work procedures and safety rules
- Operates powered industrial trucks to transport inventory and load tractor trailers for shipment.
- Transports inventory in warehouse to correct locations and stages orders for shipment.
- Understands daily production schedule and corresponds with mgmt. leads, and coworkers accordingly
- Performs visual inspection of aluminum cans and packaging quality
- Monitors schedules, equipment, or processes, and reports problems to supervisor
- Assists with Material Movers (Line drivers) or other forklift operations when necessary
- Follows all SOP's (standard operating procedures) and communicates with proper personnel as concerns or issues arise
- Assist Quality Assurance in locating pallets for sampling
- Keeps equipment and all areas safe, clean, and organized through proper housekeeping
- Performs other related duties as required
- A high school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years working forklift experience in a manufacturing setting (high-speed manufacturing is preferred).
- Must have the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion and regularly stand, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may also require climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, both day and evening.
- Effective and proven communication skills (both written and verbal) working in a team environment.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Effective record keeping skills and the ability to focus on details.
Crown offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance and income protection benefits as well as a company funded pension plan, 401(K), stock purchase, tuition reimbursement and gain sharing programs. Also, as part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of all of our employees and their families. EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled.
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting ID: 595020541Posted: 2020-12-24