Crown is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of packaging products and equipment for consumer and industrial products. Crown's packaging for consumer products include steel and aluminum cans for food, beverage, household and other consumer products, glass bottles for beverage product and metal vacuum closures and steel crowns sold through Crown's sales organization to the soft drink, food, citrus, brewing, household products, personal care and various other industries. Crown's packaging for industrial products includes steel and plastic strap consumables and equipment, paper based protective packaging, and plastic film consumables and equipment, which are sold into the metals, food and beverage, construction, agricultural, corrugated, and general industries.
With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to growing economies in Asia, Eastern Europe, South America and the Middle East and North Africa. Whether improving existing technology or pioneering a new concept, we are committed to working in partnership with our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. DIVISION OVERVIEW:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division. POSITION OVERVIEW:
Students now have a chance to gain real world operations and engineering experience in a manufacturing company by joining Crown for a summer internship opportunity with our Nichols, NY plant. The intern will be key member to work on business-critical projects that support daily operations, safety, quality and productivity improvements of our products and processes. Intern will be provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. Although we make no guarantee of full-time employment upon completion of the internship, it is our goal to have our interns fully capable of stepping into a full-time position within our organization SPECIFIC PROJECTS/DUTIES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP INCLUDE:
The intern will be tasked with a quality improvement & spoilage reduction project. Specifically, collecting data and working with our production team to initiate spoilage reduction/quality improvements. Track performance and document savings will also be a part of the intern's responsibility.
During this time the intern will learn to work within a team of people to delivery results. He/she will gain an understanding of the financial impacts of waste in manufacturing, gain the basics of can making and receive exposure to quality processes.
- Student must be currently working towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or similar engineering area. Ideal candidates are rising Seniors:
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- Must be able to work 40-hours per week
- Must be able to relocate if needed
- Background in Lean/ 6-sigma helpful, but not required
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Leadership experience a plus
- Basic Understanding of Engineering Drawings. Ability to use AutoCAD or similar CAD software to produce detailed drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Must display maturity and a high level of professionalism
- Proven high degree of personal motivation and discipline to perform duties
- High level of independent thinking and resourcefulness to develop and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to interface with various levels of staff from other engineers, to management, to production employees
- Ability to successfully prioritize and work multiple tasks concurrently
Crown is pleased to provide a real-world learning opportunity through this internship program where students will discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities to help them in their continued studies of engineering/operations and prepare them for a career in manufacturing.
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.