ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Healthcare, Operations, Supervisory
Job Type/ FLSA Status
20 - 30%
Job Description Highlights:
SUMMARYResponsible for the nutrition care of patients, residents, and community. Assists the Food and Nutrition Services Director in giving direction, training, motivation, and guidance to Food and Nutrition Service Associates to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed customer satisfaction. Position represents ABM Healthcare Support Services in its highest degree.III. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Some Travel Required - Mileage Reimbursement Available
- ABM pays Academy dues and licensure fees!
- ABM also pays malpractice insurance!
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits!
- Actualizes ABM Healthcare Support Services Mission, Vision, and Value statements.
- Maintains professional behavior consistent with role as well as composure in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Knows who all their customers are and initiates and maintains positive relationships with them; promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers. Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with administrative leadership and internal department directors, physicians, nursing, and staff in an effort to build a strong, cohesive team.
- Develops, facilitates, and monitors the process for customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
- Completes all required ABM Healthcare Support Services weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner; presenting information to be submitted in a neat and professional format.
- Monitors training programs to ensure compliance and completion within given time frames; conducts in-service training as required.
- Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control Procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of HIPPA Privacy Act; maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Actively participates in customer service improvement initiatives and suggests new methods that lead to better service.
- Develops/coaches department associates to ensure potential is reached by providing feedback, suggesting ways for them to improve skills or build relationships with peers, hospital staff, patients, and customers.
- Promotes departmental TQM/Customer Service initiatives; makes rounds on patient units to meet with nursing and patients/residents to exhibit care and assess if their meal expectations/nutritional needs are being met.
- Proactively reports pertinent feedback to Food and Nutrition Services Director in a timely manner.
- Develops menus with Chef and Director and signs off on nutritional adequacy.
- Ensures that all required ABM Healthcare Support Services nutrition and patient/resident SOPs are in place; facilitates implementation of department policies and procedures to ensure programs meet goals.
- Directs staff on the proper use of all automated/manual diet office systems and takes corrective action as needed.
- Ensures that nutritional supplements and diet office equipment are ordered as needed and stays within budget.
- Documents appropriate patient/resident nutrition care in medical record.
- Assesses nutritional status per standards of care/nutrition diagnosis charting; evaluates appropriateness of diet orders; plans appropriate nutrition intervention using Nutrition Care Process.
- Selects appropriate nutrition education materials for clients.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maximizes medical nutrition therapy reimbursement.
- Develops and implements in-service programs according to procedure; teaches ServSafe classes to associates along with Chef or Director.
- Ensures temperature records are maintained per policy and procedure for tray assembly area.
- Develops nutrition staff schedules within budgeted master schedule.
- Documents employee report offs and reports occurrences to Food and Nutrition Services Director.
- Demonstrates ability to complete all diet office job tasks and work in absence of staff to maintain services if needed.
- Assists with hiring and training new employees - interviews candidates for diet office and dietitian positions, ensures new employees are instructed on facility documentation and other nutrition and patient/resident services SOPs. Completes probationary evaluations per facility procedure.
- Periodically audits menu accuracy; use of standardized recipes; and safe food handling guidelines.
- Routinely evaluates (tastes) food products with chef/director.
- Periodically checks that meal service is provided at designated times in patient/resident areas.
- Periodically monitors patient tray assembly to ensure proper food handling, appropriate food temperatures; portioning of items on plates/trays.
- Participates in budgeting for cost of diet office supplies and equipment.
- Assists with department and annual facility training programs as assigned by Director; conducts in-service training with nutrition team.
- Assists with maintaining of employee files, time and attendance records and corrective action process; aware of and enforces all Human Resource procedures as noted in employee personnel manual.
- Participates in annual performance evaluation process for all diet office staff ensuring reviews are completed per facility guidelines and time frames.
- Takes responsibility for self-development - supports a learning environment.
- Attends outside educational seminars pertinent to nutrition portfolio and regulatory issues. Maintains registration and state licensure/certification.
- Reports to work on time in proper attire; requests time off in advance; follows ABM Healthcare Support vacation and attendance policies and procedure guidelines.
- Demonstrates understanding of Age-Specific Characteristics for population served through age appropriate communications and care.
- Participates in facility community service events or does volunteer work in community.
- Completes other duties as assigned by Food and Nutrition Services Director.
- Able to respond to nursing at both evenings and on weekends as required.
- Able to handle varying workloads and meet changing deadlines as necessary.
- Able to establish priorities, work independently, and to accomplish objectives without supervision.
- Able to handle and resolve problems.
- Maintains registration.
- Participates in community activities.
- Practices up-to-date nutritional care.
- Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions.
- Required to travel via automobile to meetings and hospital-related functions.
- Daily exposure to various healthcare related illnesses normally associated within a hospital environment.
Position Requirements Education/Training:Required:
- Undergraduate degree in nutrition; internship (or equivalent), and registered dietitian status.
- Completion of Sanitation Certification Course desirable.
Two to three years work experience in a healthcare environment. Preferred:License(s): Required:
Preferred: Language/Writing/Communication Requirements:Required:
- Registered Dietitian
- Licensed or certified status
- Knowledge of personal computer in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and other assorted business software.
- Able to accurately review and process data and attend to detail.
- Verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with patients and co-workers.
- Works in a team environment interacting with a variety of departments.
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats and understand cultural needs of patients/residents.
- Possesses motivational skills.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships; treats others courteously and with respect.
Bay Saint Louis, MS 39520 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy
Posting ID: 576752371Posted: 2020-11-25