VTC Enterprises is looking for a skilled Financial Controller to join our Senior Management Team. This position will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing the financial activities of the organization. Salary start: $84,030.00 annually. FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day finance and accounting operations, including but not limited to general ledger; A/R and A/P; fixed assets; purchasing and inventory control; cash management; restricted and unrestricted assets; investments and payroll.
- Lead the development and monitoring of annual organization and oversight of department budgets, allocations, and financial forecasts and track decisions related to budgeting throughout the year. Evaluate current financial operation results, identify areas needing improvement and communicate that to management.
- Provide guidance and hands-on operational direction to the Accounting Bookkeepers on A/P, A/R, posting and reconciliation of payroll reports, monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts, and general ledger activities.
- Develop and implement all policies and procedures related to accounting, internal controls, cash management and related functions, in accordance with all current relevant regulatory requirements that affect funding and operations, ensuring that fiscal management is in compliance with accounting standards and government funding regulations.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Creates base-year budgets for AbilityOne contract proposals. Requests and organizes back-up documentation to support base year estimates including (O/H, labor, equipment and supplies) with the support of the CEO and Project Manager.
- Maintains external audit and tax, investment broker, and banking relationships.
- Monitor cash and funding balances.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with Department Heads; continuously collaborate with Department Heads to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support operations.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Keep an organized filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, payments, and debts.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership as well as the Board of Directors abreast of VTC’s financial status.
- Advise on financial analyses and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other matters with management.
- Arrange for and ensure accurate completion of the independent annual audit, non-profit tax returns and other periodic audits. Timely completion of Form 990 with CPA firm.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting as well as additional legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc, when necessary.
- Mentor and coach Department Heads on fiscal management issues and processes.
Education and/or Experience -Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field and at least ten years of related experience, with minimum of five years of managerial experience. Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or familiarity with government funding sources/reimbursement preferred.
Communication Skills -Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to public groups and/or board of directors.
Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and management. Interact diplomatically with the public. Foster a stimulating, accepting learning environment.
Self-Management Skills: Perform effectively in environments with frequent workload changes and competing demands. Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions. Ability to think through the consequences of a decision prior to making it. Ability to recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
Computer Skills: Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting Software preferred.
Certificates, Licences, Registrations: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license with an insurable record. Must have an insured vehicle available for use during the course of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities: Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong focus. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Plans and prioritizes work activities while using time efficiently and meets deadlines. Well-organized and self-directed individual with ability to work with minimal supervision. An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills. Ability to keep knowledge obtained in the workplace confidential. Must meet and maintain Community Care Licensing criminal history criteria.
VTC Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.