The delivery driver, using his/her personal automobile, carries prepared food items or meals to customers' residences and collects payment upon delivery.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Drives safely and legally to deliver prepared, pre-ordered food items and meals to customers at their homes, offices, worksites, etc.
2. Packs orders and ensures their accuracy before leaving the restaurant.
3. Handles money reliably and collects payment from customers when delivering their requested food items. Makes appropriate change.
4. Returns all monies and collected coupons to the restaurant and accounts for all collected payments.
5. Tries to resolve inaccurate deliveries, ALWAYS enlisting supervisory assistance.
6. While on deliveries, operates his/her personal automobile in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with company standards and all applicable laws and regulations.
7. Maintains personal automobile in good working order with a current state inspection.
8. Is courteous with customers and respects their personal and private property.
9. Presents a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
10. Helps to maintain the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of the restaurant and surrounding property by sweeping, unpacking supplies, stocking shelves, breaking down empty boxes, and removing trash, etc., as requested.
11. Assists within the kitchen by cutting/chopping meats and produce, etc., and helping the prep cook as requested.
12. Scrapes food from and pre-rinses dirty cooking and serving dishes, flatware, utensils and drinking glasses.
13. Loads rinsed cooking and serving dishes, flatware, utensils and drinking glasses into dishwashers.
14. Operates commercial dishwashers in accordance with standard operating procedures.
15. Sets up 3 compartment sink properly - wash, rinse, sanitize - and ensure proper chemical concentration.
16. Washes dirty dishes, utensils, drinking glasses by hand as necessary.
17. Dries clean dishes, utensils, drinking glasses by hand as necessary.
18. Wash and store all tableware, glassware and kitchenware following company procedure and in accordance with health department regulations.
19. Removes chipped or damaged dishes, utensils, glasses, etc., from service to ensure the safety of patrons and fellow employees.
20. Informs supervisor and/or restaurant management of need to replace damaged stock.
21. Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware, glassware and silverware for dining room and kitchen.
22. Bag and haul trash to dumpster. Keep dumpster door closed and surrounding area clean.
23. Handle tableware and glassware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
24. Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
25. Clean walls, floors, sinks, mops, etc.
26. Maintains a positive, supportive work environment via effective, professional communication with co-workers.
27. Supports and follows all company policies, procedures and programs.
28. Promotes good business principles by never discussing company business in public areas or with customers.
29. Exhibits and encourages proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
30. Maintains a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
31. Provides assistance to other employees to contribute to the best overall operation of the store.
32. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
* Reports to the Driver Supervisor or Restaurant Manager.
* Interacts regularly with customers
Qualifications and Credentials
* Possess a valid driver's license, proof of adequate automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record
* Some delivery and customer service experience preferred
Abilities and competencies
To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following competencies, physical and/or sensory abilities, and skills:
1. Communication and Problem Solving
* Able to effectively communicate verbally with customers
* Able to see clearly (with or without glasses) to read, interpret and understand road signs, maps, bank drafts, etc.
* Able to perform basic math and make change
2. Physical and Sensory Abilities
* Able to see, hear and react quickly to surrounding environment while driving
* Regularly sitting to drive and operate an automobile
* Walking while carrying and balancing pizza boxes and/or other food containers
* Able to handle detergent and degreasers for cleaning purposes
* Able to stand, bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds
3. Computer Skills
* No specific computer skills required
Delivery drivers primarily work away from the restaurant, driving in their vehicles or walking to and from customers' homes, offices, etc. They are routinely exposed to outdoor weather conditions. When assisting within the restaurant, drivers may be exposed to extremes in temperature and humidity, sharp blades, mixers, scalding water, food (uncooked and cooked). Lighting within the restaurant ranges from dim to bright, and the noise level ranges from moderate to loud and from irregular to constant.
Delivery drivers may work full or part-time schedules. Work schedules may vary and may involve day, evening or nighttime hours during the week and on weekends.