The Counter Person mans the counter and the phone, taking all incoming (walk-in or phone) take-out orders, and performs all cash register transactions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Mans the counter and the phone, receiving and serving all incoming (walk-in or by phone) take-out orders.
2. Receives and serves all counter orders for beverages, pizza by the slice, and so forth.
3. Point of sale responsibility including ringing in orders, taking payment and making change.
4. Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
5. Answers questions regarding the restaurant and menu items.
6. Recommends menu items based on the customer's wants.
7. Packages to go orders and assists in packing delivery orders as needed.
8. Performs assigned prep duties.
9. Stocks work area, including food items, paper products, etc.
10. Responsible for work area cleanliness and appearance, including assisting in the cleanliness of the pizza and sub table.
11. Assists other employees in their cleaning duties.
12. Maintains a positive, supportive work environment via effective, professional communication with co-workers.
13. Supports and follows all company policies, procedures and programs.
14. Promotes good business principles by never discussing company business in public areas or with customers.
15. Exhibits and encourages proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
16. Maintains a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
17. Provides assistance to other employees to contribute to the best overall operation of the store.
18. Performs any and all other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by management
19. Presents a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
20. Helps to maintain the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of the restaurant by sweeping, mopping, stocking shelves and removing trash, etc., as requested.
* Reports to the Counter Supervisor or Restaurant Manager.
* Interacts regularly with customers, either by phone or face-to-face
Qualifications and Credentials
* High school diploma preferred (or in process of being attained).
* Customer service and food service experience preferred.
Abilities and competencies
To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following competencies, physical and/or sensory abilities, and skills:
1. Communication and Problem Solving
* Able to effectively communicate verbally with customers
* Able to visually assess customers and their needs
* Able to manage time and prioritize tasks
2. Physical and Sensory Abilities
* Able to see clearly (with or without glasses) to read, interpret and understand menus, written instructions, bank drafts, etc.
* Able to hear and speak effectively
* Frequently stands for long durations
* Able to walk while carrying and balancing trays and/or cartons of food and beverages
* Able to bend, lift and carry up to 25 pounds
3. Other Skills
* Basic mathematical skills - ability to add and subtract
* Basic PC skills and familiarity required.
Counter Persons work in or near a busy, commercial kitchen and busy, fast-paced dining room. Subject to extremes in temperature and humidity. May be exposed to sharp blades, commercial mixers, heating elements and scalding water. Lighting is moderate. Noise levels are moderate to loud.
Counter Persons may work full or part-time schedules. Work schedules may vary and may involve day, evening or nighttime hours during the week and on weekends.
Posting ID: 41450511Posted: 2020-07-14