Waiters/waitresses welcome patrons to the restaurant, explain menu choices, take customers' orders from the menu and deliver meals to their table, checking back from time to time to ensure that their dining experience meets the customer's expectations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Greets customers and introduces himself or herself in a friendly and courteous manner, making a positive first impression. May serve as dining room host/hostess and seat guests in the absence of a designated host/hostess.
2. Serve alcoholic beverages in accordance with local, state and federal law.
3. Make menu recommendations for guest's benefit and to help improve restaurant profitability.
4. Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
5. Directly enters orders for food and beverages into the computerized work order system.
6. Delivers prepared food and beverages to customers at their table.
7. Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
8. Seeks to resolve any customer complaints, requesting supervisory help as necessary.
9. Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change if applicable.
10. Performs daily preparatory tasks listed on the Prep Sheet, such as rolling utensils, etc.
11. Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by station or schedule out.
12. Maintain clean sections. Tables, seats, floor and windows and walls should be cleaned thoroughly after each guest.
13. Presents a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
14. Helps to maintain the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of the restaurant by sweeping, mopping, stocking shelves and removing trash, etc., as requested.
15. If qualified in management's discretion, may perform other job duties as requested, including, but not limited to, serving as dining room hostess, counter assistant, etc.
16. Maintains a positive, supportive work environment via effective, professional communication with co-workers and management.
17. Supports and follows all company policies, procedures and programs.
18. Promotes good business principles by never discussing company business in public areas or with customers.
19. Exhibits and encourages proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
20. Maintains a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Reports to the Head server or Restaurant Manager.
* Interacts regularly with customers
Qualifications and Credentials:
* High school diploma preferred.
* Of legal age to serve alcohol
* At least 2 years serving experience preferred.
Abilities and competencies
To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following competencies, physical and/or sensory abilities, and skills:
1. Communication and Problem Solving
* Outgoing personality
* Able to effectively communicate verbally with customers and co-workers
* Able to perform basic math and make change
* Able to manage time and prioritize tasks
2. Physical and Sensory Abilities
* Able to see clearly (with or without glasses) to read, interpret and understand menus, written instructions, bank drafts, etc.
* Able to hear and speak effectively
* Frequently stands for long durations
* Able to walk while carrying and balancing trays of food
* Able to bend, lift and carry up to 25 pounds
3. Computer Skills
* Basic PC and data entry skills highly preferred
Waiters and waitresses perform their duties indoors and outdoors in an open, busy, sometimes fast-paced dining room. Lighting ranges from dim to moderate. Noise level ranges from moderate to loud depending upon the volume of patrons and time of day.
Wait staff members may work full or part-time schedules. Work schedules may vary and will involve day and nighttime hours during the week and on weekends.
Posting ID: 44994778Posted: 2020-07-14