Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this role will service molding machines and auxiliary equipment. This position will be responsible for standard operating/production procedures, safety, quality control, cost control and continuous improvement initiatives within the maintenance department. This position will provide maintenance support to all areas of operation and will be responsible for both preventative and reactive maintenance efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support, comply and ensure complicity with all Health and Safety regulations, Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
· Informs supervisors and line technicians of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
· Understand and maintain high standards of tidiness and organization in line with good 5S practices. Will promote and maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment and be responsible for proper material storage and waste disposal.
· Assists in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical/electronic equipment.
· Monitor, identify and respond promptly to signs of malfunction in machinery such as changes in performance, temperature, sounds or smells.
· Perform effective diagnosis of breakdowns and timely repair of equipment to maximize availability.
· Performs scheduled planned preventative maintenance procedures.
· Assists other personnel with technical troubleshooting.
· Helps with maintaining company required equipment performance and maintenance records.
· Ensure an effective interface & communication with other departmental staff is maintained.
· Must be receptive to performing functions in multiple areas and perform other duties as required.
This position will be predominantly assigned to the indicated shift, but must be able to work any shift and overtime as required.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
· High school graduate or General Education Degree with a two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program, or 5 years equivalent work-related experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Possess a strong maintenance ability and aptitude to apply mechanical and electrical principles in various troubleshooting and repair activities.
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-pace environment.
· Must demonstrate autonomy- ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
· Detail oriented- ability to pay attention to minute details of a task.
· Must be flexible with new ideas and have the ability to work weekends and overtime when necessary.
· Ability to read and follow work instructions, procedures and policies.
· Ability to read and understand technical manuals and drawings for use in equipment troubleshooting and repair.
· Demonstrated understanding of Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Electric and mechanical systems.
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Experience in a high-volume industrial manufacturing environment.
· Maintain punctual and regular attendance
Ability and knowledge to safely operate forklifts, power tools and hand tools.
· Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to 12 hours per day
· Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
· Will lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
· Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
· 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
· Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
· May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
· May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection
•Company group benefit plan including medical, dental and vision
•401 (k) • short term disability
•Paid time off (holidays and PTO)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran stat or any other characteristic protected by law
Posting ID: 563279944Posted: 2020-08-09