- Complete service calls on equipment in various industries.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Perform field service operations that requiring strong technical skills. Construct prototype models, as requested.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, using available resources and knowledge to resolve problems.
- Recommend changes such as new equipment or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct detailed inventories and inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Assist in planning and coordinating team efforts.
- Overhaul existing equipment
- Often work non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
- Specify system components or products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Troubleshoot equipment using PLC programs on existing machines (Allen Bradley, Schneider Electric, Mitsubishi, Omron and other software packages).
- Adhere to all workplace safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to improve automation products.
- Typical work schedule will be at customer sites in local area 70%, non-local (US & international) 20%, and 10% at the home office in Portsmouth, NH.
Posting ID: 565035965Posted: 2020-08-13