Akron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
PRN (As Needed) for Mahoning Valley Sports Medicine and Orthopedics, M-F Days, No Weekends and Holidays
Performs general radiographic examinations. Assist Radiologist with special procedures and train and supervise the affiliating students
1. Performs all radiologic procedures to produce high quality imaging for diagnostic purposes according to protocol and age specific needs.
2. Performs clerical duties in RIS, PAC, and hospital computer systems as required.
3. Provides coverage to other Radiology positions in the department as needed.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Directly supervise and assist affiliated radiography students.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in general radiographic examinations preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Experience in RIS, PACS, EPIC or other related software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: [Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology required. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required..
2. Certification: Radiologic Technologist licensure is required. Certified to practice in the specific state of employment. Basic Life Support (BLS) AHA certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of two (2) years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: