Responsible for unloading and loading trailers which service our Macys and Bloomingdales stores. Perform other duties as assigned
• Loaders and Unloaders handle freight up to 75 lbs. continuously during a specified shift.
• Responsible for physically loading and unloading and/ or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing in a safe and efficient manner.
• Fast paced environment, where flexibility of departments is key and will need to work without close supervision.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are important to our success.
• No education required. Entry level position; no experience required.
• Ability to read, write, and discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in noisy warehouse environment.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• Labor and time-intensive job that requires both physical exertion and also quick thinking.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment.
• May involve moving or lifting items of up to 75 pounds.
• Organizational skills are helpful.
• Must meet accuracy and productivity goals.
• Must be able to use multiple frequency radios, and RF scan equipment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.