Title: Patient Experience Representative
Wage Category: Hourly, Non-exempt
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Location: Coralville, IA
Salary range: $15.50/hr.; Commensurate with experience and geographic location
Shift: 10:30AM-7:00PM CST
The Patient Experience Representative (PER) is responsible for providing exemplary customer service while resolving self pay accounts of MediRevv Clients.
This position is a common entry into MediRevv. Industry experience is helpful, but not required.
In my own words…
“I put patients’ minds at ease by letting them know I’m here to help them understand their medical bill and payment options.” – MediRevv Patient Experience Representative
An effective PER must be able to balance each of the three P’s in the MediRevv Mindset: Partners, People, and Performance.
- Demonstrate service excellence at all times to Clients (external Partners) and colleagues (internal Partners).
- Represent MediRevv Clients with high levels of professionalism and quality work product.
- Comply with MediRevv policies such as time and attendance to ensure appropriate coverage for MediRevv Clients.
- Contact and educate patients and guarantors regarding outstanding self pay balances due while making arrangements for payment and/or account resolution.
- Comply with HIPAA and other compliance requirements at all times to protect patient confidentiality.
- Compose correspondence to insurance payers, third parties, and patients.
- Meet productivity metrics as established by MediRevv leadership; a tenured PER will be expected to make/take approximately 50-75 calls per day.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy and quality as outlined by both the MediRevv Quality Assurance program and all MediRevv Client protocols.
- Adhere to benchmarks and strive for continuous improvement on customer service metrics such as: adherence to schedule, call abandonment rate, speed to answer, talk time, wrap (documentation) time, etc.
- Efficiently navigate several computer applications during and after phone calls; document all actions taken in appropriate MediRevv and/or Client systems.
Job Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A successful candidate must have proficient knowledge/capabilities in the following areas:
- Ability to consistently foster positive and professional interactions with patients.
- Medical billing and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree desired, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform at a high level of productivity and quality.
- Capacity to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required to represent MediRevv Clients.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skills to work independently and be resourceful with the ability to multitask.
Remote Work Requirements
To be considered for a fully-remote position, there are technological requirements you must meet:
- Internet capability must be a hard-wired, high-speed broadband internet connection, DSL, or Cable. Satellite, Dial Up, and/or Wireless connections are not allowed. Your internet connection must be strong enough to operate MediRevv equipment and software:
- 25 Mbps download/3Mbps upload preferred
- 10 Mbps download/1Mpbs upload minimum
- Based on job role and equipment supplied, you must be able to connect MediRevv equipment to an internet router/box via wired (Ethernet) cable. You are expected to confirm this need and capability before your hire date/training date/first day of work.
- Able to establish a secure, secluded working environment ensuring both HIPAA compliance and ability to work during scheduled work hours without distractions/interruptions.
The Real Deal
MediRevv Patient Experience Representatives work day in and day out to educate patients and account guarantors on why a balance is owed and methods of resolution. We collect with compassion. The work is not easy – if you are looking for a place to simply hang out and collect a paycheck, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place that encourages every team member to be authentic (even weird) and expects hard work but rewards with a fun and engaging culture with loads of opportunity… then, we can’t wait to meet you.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 600480048Posted: 2021-01-21