Description Job Description: Voice Communications Systems Architect Gaithersburg MD Leidos Civil Transportation and Finance Solutions Group is seeking a Voice Communications Architect with Air Traffic Management Voice over Internet Protocol (ATM-VOIP) domain and Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM) expertise. The VCS architect is responsible for the evolution of FAA air traffic system from a TDM based system to a compliant ATM VoIP system to support air traffic operations. Voice Communications Systems Engineer responsibilities: * The VCS architect will be the subject matter expert for all Voice Communication System domain areas and will support new business opportunities in these areas.
* Oversee all requirements, solution architecture, design trade offs, development, article testing, operational acceptance, transition and implementation to a VoIP VCS solution in cooperation with 3rd party VCS engineering suppliers.
* Develop a new operational concept, and enumerate the architecture for integration with other FAA operational systems to transition from existing operational TDM based Voice Communication Systems to VoIP systems. Transition must be seamless with no loss of operational continuity.
* In coordination with VCS supplier engineers, ensures all functional, performance and maintainability objectives are fully met. Testing will be conducted with a US Government agency using test, demonstration, inspection and analysis acceptance methods prior to operational implementation.
* New component design is expected to be part of the program and will require a Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), first article testing and final acceptance. Qualifications: * Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
* Desired skills / experience include: Minimum of 3+ years of ATC Voice Communication System experience performing system architecture & design, development, test and system engineering
* Demonstrated experience with TDM Based Voice Systems (Large PBX's, Large Voice Switching Systems, etc.)
* A working knowledge of:
ED-137C Standard (Interoperability Standards for VoIP ATM Com
Design considerations and trade-offs for VoIP systems
Air Traffic Control and Air Traffic Control Voice Communications Systems
• Excellent skills with verbal communications, team building skills, and both written and client presentations
• Preferred engineering experience interfacing with US Government customers (FAA, DoD, etc.)
tsfaa External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework: Yes, 100% Clearance Level Required: Public Trust Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Telecommunications
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here . Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.