Traffic - Import Dispatcher - LCL/FCL/Air
Join one of the fastest-growing freight forwarders in Los Angeles and help shape the future of the logistics industry. Escape the soul-crushing traffic jams and get your life balance back. Based in the beautiful foothills of the Angeles National Forest our offices are away from the hustle and the traffic of South Bay. Great restaurants and hiking trails are minutes away.
This position requires physical presence in our La Crescenta, CA
office. Telecommuting and remote work is not available.
Traffic - Import Dispatcher for LCL/FCL/Air
The candidate will schedule pick-ups from ports, CFS stations, and airline terminals nationwide. Duties will also include checking availability, making sure all parties have the necessary documents, releases, and instructions. The candidate will also work with the LTL/FTL teams to manage domestic shipments.
- Thorough knowledge of import dispatching
- Thorough knowledge of import availability procedures and nationwide cargo terminals
- Knowledge of international customs and forwarding regulations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from customers and partners.
Prior Industry (NVOCC/Freight Forwarding)
Preferred but not required:
- Dispatching experience
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Proximity to work
- Experience in freight forwarding operations
- Knowledge of trade terms
- Familiarity with import procedures and regulations
- Familiarity with domestic transportation
- Candidates with CargoWise experience are encouraged to apply
- Hazardous Material handling knowledge or experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent experience
This is a permanent full-time position that requires detailed training. The company offers lots of room for growth. Only candidates with demonstrated commitment to the company will be considered.
This is an on-site only job. No telecommuting.
Bilingual and multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
Please include salary history and a cover letter.
is an INC 5000 honoree (2017 and 2018) and one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in LA (#21 / LA Business Journal).
is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences and don t discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Apply Online Below