Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The purpose of this position is to develop and lead the quality programs for Groeneveld-Beka across the USA: All Interlube, Groeneveld and Beka products. This position is responsible for supporting all of the quality functions for the US based businesses under GVBK. Quality functions include the quality management system, product quality, compliance, internal/external auditing, inspections, training certifications, document and record control, non-conformance management, supplier quality, problem solving, and quality cost reduction. This position plays a key role in maintaining day-to-day performance as well as establishing the long-term direction for quality.
- Lead the development and refinement of the quality management system to drive operational accuracy and efficiency and ensure that all corporate, customer and regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- Manage and direct all areas of inspection (incoming material inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, etc.).
- Serve as lead representative for all quality issues and maintain strong customer relations through timely and accurate communication and problem resolution.
- Support the business in the interpretation and application of quality standards, customer requirements, packaging standards, and product engineering specifications to ensure product conformance.
- Drive quality assurance and quality control activities to ensure compliance and success on customer audits, corporate audits and 3rd party certification audits (ISO9001, Timken Quality Management System, etc.).
- Manage and refine system for gauge, machine and process capability, including set-up, calibration and operating procedures.
- Manage the activities associated with supplier quality and continuous improvement of supplier performance.
- Manage the document and record control processes to ensure the proper transfer and retention of information.
- Guide training and certification activities in coordination with Human Resources to make certain that associates are trained and possess the knowledge and skill necessary to do their jobs.
- Champion the business problem solving process, guiding and developing associates to solve problems at the root.
- Travel is expected in support of customer concerns and training < 20%
Bachelors in Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations. IATF16949 Certification
5 - 7 years Manufacturing/Operations experience.
Must have participated on quality audits, conducted root cause analysis, experience in preparing corrective actions
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Posting ID: 599118283Posted: 2021-01-14