Primary Purpose of Position:
The Drive-Thru Attendant accurately and efficiently takes orders, prepares and packages items for delivery to the drive- thru and carry out customers. The Drive-Thru Attendant is expected to provide exemplary customer service in a manner that exceeds customer expectations to encourage return business.
- Always greets the guest with a smile (even if through a drive-thru speaker), is attentive, and accommodating with assisting the customer with their order placement.
- Repeats the order, suggestive sells, and asks the guest to verify the order for accuracy on the drive-thru screen. Although, the thoroughness of taking the order and insuring it is complete and accurate is extremely important, it is equally important to move the guest to the window as quickly as possible to efficiently move the drive-thru line, enabling the prompt handling of the guests behind them.
- Smiles and greets the guest, repeating the order and total.
- Collects payment and distributes change.
- Before presenting the order, double checks the order for quality and accuracy, eliminating any errors as best as possible while making sure the order is delivered in a timely fashion and is packed appropriately in accordance with guidelines.
- The customer is always thanked and encouraged to return.
- A specific job function role within the drive-thru is assigned each shift by the Drive-Thru Leader. Whether the role for the shift is that of fountain operator, cashier, boxer/bagger, or order taker, the Drive-Thru Attendant is expected to assist team members as necessary and time permits, to ensure smooth accurate and quick movement of customers through the drive-thru.
- Ability to utilize the restaurant POS software platform
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English, good communication and listening skills; must have good math skills and the ability to count change
- Must be a 'team player' and able to multi-task
- Must have a positive attitude, high level of tolerance and patience; ability to handle guest complaints
- Ability to market menu/specials
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Environment includes restaurant with heavy customer contact, exposure to weather conditions at drive thru window and if necessary outdoors
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, climb stairs, and occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Ability to move quickly and easily throughout drive-thru area and if necessary out to vehicles to deliver customer orders
- Role requires bending, reaching, stretching and mobility of hands, fingers, wrists and elbows
- Good hearing, visual and speaking skills
- Ability to be on feet during entire shift
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Must be able to work in weather temperature extremes, hot and cold
Posting ID: 558054036Posted: 2020-12-08