Day Camp DirectorPart Time-SeasonalO'Fallon, MO YMCAPOSITION SUMMARY:
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the general guidance and direction of the Program Director the Day Camp Director, will provide support in planning, directing and supervising camp activities and staff for the YMCA Day Camp program. Ensuring developmentally appropriate practices and attention to the safety and individual needs of each camper while modeling, practicing and carrying out the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. OUR CULTURE:
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming:
we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine:
we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful:
we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing:
we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined:
above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse WorkforceEqual Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Plan, direct, supervise, and lead Camp Staff, their counseling groups and overall camp program.
- Ensure the individual needs of the children are met for proper coordination of the program within the program sites.
- Utilize solid judgment and discretionary skills as well as make independent decisions that will affect the Gateway Region YMCA and its departments.
- Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people, including staff, volunteers and program site administration and demonstrate strong public relations.
- Ensure YMCA policies and guidelines are followed at all times.
- Maintain an environment that ensures children's safety and well-being.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 597780441Posted: 2021-01-08