Job Description POSITION SUMMARY:
- High school diploma and or GED required
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the leadership of the Membership Director, in accordance with the Christian principles of the YMCA, the incumbent is responsible for delivering excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. He/she serves as a member of the member service team and is responsible for implementation of all Daxko membership and program input, quality member service, program sales, retention, and satisfaction, while exemplifying the “Y” values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Partner with the branch management team to implement membership policies (SOP’s) and all systems that support branch membership, program and marketing objectives.
- Enter membership and program registration data into operating system (Daxko).
- Greet and engage with members and ensure all guests and program participants have been verified in Raptor before entering branch.
- Process all Daxko transactions with accuracy and perform daily close out and drawer count
- Participate and recruit participants for member challenges also known as member visit drivers.
- Suggest procedures or standards to improve efficiency and productivity at the Service Center.
- Ensures standards for meeting retention goals are followed.
- Provide feedback and offer solutions regarding gaps in service and/or member concerns.
- Work continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales, and “Leader” procedures & practices.
- Respond to member and guest inquiries and problem solve via phone or in person using Listen First skills
- Meet all current training requirements for Membership staff.
- Must work a minimum of 12 hours at the service center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
reapply_msg":"Thank you for your interest in GATEWAY REGION YMCA. Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application for employment. Should your prior experience match our business needs, you will be contacted by a representative of our company.
Posting ID: 561288101Posted: 2020-06-24